- Group 1Lycophytes, Monilophytes
- Group 2Gymnosperms
- Group 3Monocots
- Group 4Woody angiosperms with opposite or whorled leaves
- Group 5Woody angiosperms with alternate leaves
- Group 6Herbaceous angiosperms with inferior ovaries
- Group 7Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries and zygomorphic flowers
- Group 8Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, and 2 or more distinct carpels
- Group 9Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, connate petals, and a solitary carpel or 2 or more connate carpels
- Group 10Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, distinct petals or the petals lacking, and 2 or more connate carpels
Croton glandulosus L. var. septentrionalis Muell.-Arg. was reported from CT by Magee and Ahles (1999), but specimens are unknown. Croton monanthogynus Michx. was once collected about the base of a foundation at the Arnold Arboretum in Suffolk County, MA. The herbarium collection, Palmer 47076 (A), does not suggest this species was naturalized; therefore, the species is not included in the flora.
Show photos of: Each photo represents one species in this genus.