- Group 1Lycophytes, Monilophytes
- Group 2Gymnosperms
- Group 3Monocots
- Group 4Woody angiosperms with opposite or whorled leaves
- Group 5Woody angiosperms with alternate leaves
- Group 6Herbaceous angiosperms with inferior ovaries
- Group 7Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries and zygomorphic flowers
- Group 8Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, and 2 or more distinct carpels
- Group 9Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, connate petals, and a solitary carpel or 2 or more connate carpels
- Group 10Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, distinct petals or the petals lacking, and 2 or more connate carpels
Thymus praecox Opiz ssp. arcticus (Dur.) Jalas was reported from MA, NH, and RI by Kartesz (1999), but specimens are unknown. Thymus serpyllum L. has long been reported from various states in New England; however, these reports were based on collections of T. pulegioides (Seymour 1982). Reference: Jalas (1972).
Show photos of: Each photo represents one species in this genus.