What’s a dichotomous key? Get HelpSee list of 4 species in this genus
- Group 1Lycophytes, Monilophytes
- Group 2Gymnosperms
- Group 3Monocots
- Group 4Woody angiosperms with opposite or whorled leaves
- Group 5Woody angiosperms with alternate leaves
- Group 6Herbaceous angiosperms with inferior ovaries
- Group 7Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries and zygomorphic flowers
- Group 8Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, and 2 or more distinct carpels
- Group 9Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, connate petals, and a solitary carpel or 2 or more connate carpels
- Group 10Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, distinct petals or the petals lacking, and 2 or more connate carpels
Reference: Li et al. (2001).
1b. Basal, connate portion of the corolla 2.5–8 times as long as the calyx lobes; filaments very short, not exserted beyond the connate, tubular portion of the corolla, the anthers subsessile; corolla usually light purple, though sometimes white, blue, purple, or red-purple
2b. Terminal winter bud present, the main axis of the branchlet continuing growth the following season; panicles produced, in part, from terminal buds
Show photos of: Each photo represents one species in this genus.