What’s a dichotomous key? Get HelpSee list of 5 species in this genus
- Group 1Lycophytes, Monilophytes
- Group 2Gymnosperms
- Group 3Monocots
- Group 4Woody angiosperms with opposite or whorled leaves
- Group 5Woody angiosperms with alternate leaves
- Group 6Herbaceous angiosperms with inferior ovaries
- Group 7Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries and zygomorphic flowers
- Group 8Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, and 2 or more distinct carpels
- Group 9Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, connate petals, and a solitary carpel or 2 or more connate carpels
- Group 10Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, distinct petals or the petals lacking, and 2 or more connate carpels
See the genus Aronia for discussion of intergeneric hybrids placed in the nothogenus ×Sorbaronia.
1b. Leaf blades compound; calyx lobes persistent in fruit
2b. Leaf blades with 11–17 leaflets; terminal leaflet +/- similar to lateral leaflets, serrate
3b. Branchlets, inflorescence, adaxial surface of leaflets, and hypanthium glabrous or some surfaces sparsely villous; bud scales glabrous or ciliate on the margin, glutinous
Show photos of: Each photo represents one species in this genus.