- Group 1Lycophytes, Monilophytes
- Group 2Gymnosperms
- Group 3Monocots
- Group 4Woody angiosperms with opposite or whorled leaves
- Group 5Woody angiosperms with alternate leaves
- Group 6Herbaceous angiosperms with inferior ovaries
- Group 7Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries and zygomorphic flowers
- Group 8Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, and 2 or more distinct carpels
- Group 9Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, connate petals, and a solitary carpel or 2 or more connate carpels
- Group 10Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, distinct petals or the petals lacking, and 2 or more connate carpels
Smilax pulverulenta Michx. was reported from RI by Angelo and Boufford (2000). The voucher was misidentified and is S. herbacea—20 Jun 1882, Leland s.n. ( NEBC!). Reference: Holmes (2002).
1b. Plants lianas (i.e., stems woody), with prickles, especially toward the base; ovule 1 per locule
2b. Leaf blades not glaucous; anthers equal to or shorter than filaments
Show photos of: Each photo represents one species in this genus.