- Group 1Lycophytes, Monilophytes
- Group 2Gymnosperms
- Group 3Monocots
- Group 4Woody angiosperms with opposite or whorled leaves
- Group 5Woody angiosperms with alternate leaves
- Group 6Herbaceous angiosperms with inferior ovaries
- Group 7Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries and zygomorphic flowers
- Group 8Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, and 2 or more distinct carpels
- Group 9Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, connate petals, and a solitary carpel or 2 or more connate carpels
- Group 10Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, distinct petals or the petals lacking, and 2 or more connate carpels
The labellum is to be measured from its base to the apex of the central tooth when using the relative length measurements for Malaxis bayardii and M. unifolia. Reference: Catling and Magrath (2002).
1b. Labellum with 2 lobes at the apex and with a shorter, central tooth in the sinus between the lobes [Figs. 168,169]; pedicels (3.4–) 5–10 (–13) mm long; bracts 0.2–1.6 mm long; inflorescence somewhat to highly crowded near the apex, often ± round- to flat-topped
Show photos of: Each photo represents one species in this genus.