- Group 1Lycophytes, Monilophytes
- Group 2Gymnosperms
- Group 3Monocots
- Group 4Woody angiosperms with opposite or whorled leaves
- Group 5Woody angiosperms with alternate leaves
- Group 6Herbaceous angiosperms with inferior ovaries
- Group 7Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries and zygomorphic flowers
- Group 8Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, and 2 or more distinct carpels
- Group 9Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, connate petals, and a solitary carpel or 2 or more connate carpels
- Group 10Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, distinct petals or the petals lacking, and 2 or more connate carpels
Details of the flower (e.g., tepal color, tepal shape, flower orientation) are often distorted or obscured in pressing. Noting these features on herbarium labels will assist with identification at a later date. Reference: Skinner (2002).
1b. Leaves mostly or all whorled, without axillary bulbils; mature buds not as above
2b. Flowers nodding; tepals gradually narrowed in the basal portion; inflorescence with (1–) 2–22 flowers
Show photos of: Each photo represents one species in this genus.