What’s a dichotomous key? Get HelpSee list of 3 species in this genus
- Group 1Lycophytes, Monilophytes
- Group 2Gymnosperms
- Group 3Monocots
- Group 4Woody angiosperms with opposite or whorled leaves
- Group 5Woody angiosperms with alternate leaves
- Group 6Herbaceous angiosperms with inferior ovaries
- Group 7Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries and zygomorphic flowers
- Group 8Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, and 2 or more distinct carpels
- Group 9Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, connate petals, and a solitary carpel or 2 or more connate carpels
- Group 10Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, distinct petals or the petals lacking, and 2 or more connate carpels
Houstonia canadensis Willd. ex Roemer & J.A. Schultes was reported from ME by Gleason (1963), but specimens are unknown. Reference: Terrell (1996).
1b. Lower leaves sessile or with an obscure petiole; corolla lobes ascending to recurved, pubescent within the basal, connate tube; flowers borne multiple together in a cyme on pedicels 2–5 mm long [Fig. 882]; fruit not compressed; seeds meniscoid, with a ridge across the depression on the inner face
Show photos of: Each photo represents one species in this genus.