What’s a dichotomous key? Get HelpSee list of 3 species in this genus
- Group 1Lycophytes, Monilophytes
- Group 2Gymnosperms
- Group 3Monocots
- Group 4Woody angiosperms with opposite or whorled leaves
- Group 5Woody angiosperms with alternate leaves
- Group 6Herbaceous angiosperms with inferior ovaries
- Group 7Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries and zygomorphic flowers
- Group 8Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, and 2 or more distinct carpels
- Group 9Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, connate petals, and a solitary carpel or 2 or more connate carpels
- Group 10Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, distinct petals or the petals lacking, and 2 or more connate carpels
Actaea is circumscribed broadly here to include Cimicifuga, following the phylogenetic work of Compton et al. (1998).
1b. Axis of inflorescence simple (i.e., the inflorescence a raceme) [Fig. 807]; stigma sessile or subsessile; fruit a berry [Fig. 807]; petals entire at apex
Show photos of: Each photo represents one species in this genus.